Purpose

There are multiple purposes for this blog. First, I'd like to share with you how mental illness can interfere with or enhance the writer's life. Second, I want to explore a more disciplined approach to the writing life. This blog will hold me accountable as I navigate story throughout my battle with mental illness.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

It's Finally Here

This is the final day for Blogathon 2011. I'm excited that I have been able to come this far. It can be so difficult for me to get my thoughts together. However, during the blogging, it was an inevitability that I had to stay the course.

At the beginning, I had talked about ways that I had prepared for the blogathon. And, other things I or anyone could do further to make life easier and more productive. Some of these tasks, I have achieved and some I haven't.

For instance, I had planned to pre-write several posts so I wouldn't have to write a last minute post. Which I failed miserably at. In the beginning I posted toward the beginning of the day, and toward the end most of my posts were in the evening. Procrastination kept rearing its ugly head.

I realized, however, that not every word I write has to be magic. At least I'm writing everyday, which was part of the purpose of this blogathon. I will attempt to keep this blog active with 1-2 posts per week at the beginning. I wish I could post everyday, but it just can't happen. I've met some really good people in this endeavor and hope you continue to visit. 

4 comments:

  1. Congrats for posting eery day during the blogathon! Keep on blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making it through the Blogathon! I won't be able to keep up daily posting, either, but it was definitely a fun challenge for the month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot!

    I think finding a schedule that works for you is really important. To keep a blog running year after year, a person has to really have a passion for the content they provide. Write about what's passionate to you and you'll be golden! :)

    Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments Susan, Haley and Angela.

    ReplyDelete