Purpose

There are multiple purposes for this blog. First, I'd like to share with you how mental illness can interfere with or enhance the writer's life. Second, I want to explore a more disciplined approach to the writing life. This blog will hold me accountable as I navigate story throughout my battle with mental illness.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Journaling to Cope with Mental Illness

One of the many things I wish to discuss in great detail on this blog (in fact, it is one of the core missions) is how journaling and any writing for that matter can help one become mindful of whatever mental illness they may have or even for the average reader who needs to work on confronting emotions and thoughts of any kind.

I found a post about a how a young lady uses journaling to cope with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). This link is actually to a guest post by a blogger who is visiting the site that you will be directed to. It is a good, resourceful read. I hope you get something out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment